Your Scotiacard bank card, if you're already a customer.
Two pieces of ID (required by you and your primary borrower)
- Valid driver’s licence issued in Canada
- Valid Canadian passport
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- Permanent Resident card or
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada Form
- Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
- Birth certificate issued in Canada
Name and Address of Post-Secondary Institution
Educational Program Name (e.g. Engineering)
Expected Date of Graduation
Employment Information (for you and your primary borrower)
- Employer Name
- Length of Employment
- Employer Contact Info
Proof of Income (pay stub or tax receipt)
Total Monthly Housing Costs (if applicable)
Suitable Proof of Enrollment, which can consist of one of the following:
- A completed Scotiabank official Proof of Enrollment form
- A copy of the Student’s Course Timetable bearing the Student’s full name and current academic year;
- An unpaid Fee Invoice from the school stating that the fees are due and bearing the Student’s full name and current academic year;
- A receipt for paid tuition bearing the Student’s full name and current academic year
- A letter signed and/or stamped by the institution on official school letterhead confirming that the Student is registered
What is a line of credit?
How is it different from a loan?
What do I 'pay' for a line of credit?
Am I eligible to apply on my own or do I need a primary borrower?
How much am I eligible to borrow?
What is the interest rate?
How much interest will I have to pay in total?
Do I have to pay while I am in school?
Can I set up a direct payment method?
When will I know if I’ve been approved?
What if I need a credit limit increase?
Want a head start? Check out
where we’ve answered a lot of these questions for you.
Print this page