Contest Terms and Conditions
In these Contest Terms and Conditions, “Program Sponsors” means yconic and The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank).
Name of Contest:
Dictionary for Dollars Contest presented by yconic and Scotiabank (the “Contest”)
Number of Prizes Available:
Value of Prizes:
There is a total of $9,000 in prizes available. Prizes are valued at $750 each.
A maximum of two (2) prizes can be awarded to one individual.
Each prize will be delivered to the selected recipient upon the Program Sponsors’ receipt of valid proof of eligibility.
In order to be awarded a prize, a Contest entrant must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or an international student on a student visa (permit must be for one year or longer)
- 13 years old or older at the time of entry
- A student currently enrolled at a Canadian high school on a full-time or part-time basis
- A member of yconic
Employees of the Program Sponsors or their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives, and members of the immediate families and persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible to receive a prize. Members of the immediate family of an employee include the employee’s parents, children and siblings.
How to Enter:
Contest entrants must complete the online entry form available at www.fundyourfuture.ca/highschool between March 18, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. ET and April 30, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”) for a chance to win one (1) of twelve (12) prizes of seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750 CAD).
A Contest entrant can submit only one (1) entry form, which includes up to three (3) different definitions during the Contest Period. Entrants cannot submit the same definition more than once; duplicate entries will be null and void.
Contest Entry Evaluation Criteria:
All qualifying entries will be evaluated by a judging panel comprised of educators, community members and representatives of the Program Sponsors. The following criteria will be used for evaluation:
- Grammar, spelling and clarity of thought and communication of content – 20%
- Creativity/originality – 20%
- Overall quality of content, including accuracy of the definition (as determined by Scotiabank or its designate) – 60%
All final decisions will be made by the Program Sponsors or their designates.
The Program Sponsors or their designates will select the twelve (12) entries that best meet the criteria set out above, at the sole discretion of the Program Sponsors or their designates, subject to the limit of two (2) prizes per applicant.
By phone and/or email, yconic will notify selected entrants that they have been selected to receive a prize. Each selected entrant must submit to yconic, within the time specified by yconic, the following:
- A Declaration of Compliance, Publicity and Liability Release signed by the Contest entrant (or the Contest entrant’s parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor) which provides, among other things, that (i) the entrant certifies that they meet the eligibility criteria and has complied with all requirements set out above, and (ii) the entrant consents, without further compensation, to the Program Sponsors’ use of the entrant’s name, city and province/territory of residence, entry submission and photograph in any publicity relating to the Contest.
- Proof, acceptable to yconic, of Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or international student visa (permit must be for one year or longer).
- Proof, acceptable to yconic, of age, 13 years old or older at the time of entry.
- Proof, acceptable to yconic, of enrollment at a Canadian high school for full-time or part-time studies.
The selected entrant must return all such forms/documentation to yconic within ten (10) days of receipt of the forms by the selected entrant. Forms/documentation (where applicable) may be submitted by:
- Email at email@example.com
- Toll Free Fax: 1-866-829-2737
- Courier, mail, or in person:
2190 Yonge St. 3rd Floor
Failure to submit the documents described above within the required time may result in disqualification of the entrant.
Other Terms and Conditions:
By submitting a Contest entry, the Contest entrant (or the Contest entrant’s parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor):
- Certifies that the information provided in the Contest entry, and in any other documents provided in connection with the entry, is true, accurate and complete, to the best of their knowledge.
- Authorizes third parties, such as educational institutions and other sources provided by the entrant, to release information (including personal evaluations) to the Program Sponsors to confirm the information submitted by the entrant in connection with the Contest entry.
- Authorizes the Program Sponsors to disclose any information provided by the entrant in connection with or relating to their Contest entry to their respective representatives who need to know such information to administer and promote the Contest, provided that such information is used only for such purpose. If available, by specifically checking an additional yconic and partners’ information check box on the Contest entry form, the entrant consents to yconic and its partners such as Scotiabank using the personal information submitted with the Contest entry to contact the entrant in the future to provide electronic newsletters, including email and mailings, and other promotions and product and/or service offerings of the Program Sponsors.
- Agrees that the Program Sponsors may aggregate information submitted by the entrant with information submitted by other entrants, and use such aggregated information in anonymous form for reporting, statistical, publicity and promotional purposes.
- Agrees to have met all the eligibility requirements of the Contest. If eligibility requirements are unmet or false information has been provided, then the entrant will be ineligible for the Contest.
- Consents to the Program Sponsors contacting the entrant by phone and/or email for the purposes of confirming receipt of the entrant’s submission and to otherwise administer the Contest.
- Agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Program Sponsors, which shall be final and binding for all purposes.